Top seven things to do in the arctic:
1. See if your tongue really does stick to metal poles in winter.
2. Spend hours waiting for help.
3. Remove tongue from metal pole on your own.
4. Wait for your taste buds to grow back. (4-6 months.)
5. Meet a polar bear; convince him that Coke rots your teeth.
6. Be eaten by said polar bear. Convince him you rot his teeth. Watch him accompany his meal of you with a Coke.
7. Get the hell out of the arctic.
In case you intend to skip steps 1-6, Google is mapping
some of the arctic on foot or dogsled
. They still call it "street view," even though the "streets" are white snow fields and the cars are Huskies. Google engineers must now be experts at adjusting the while balance.